When analyzing saccharides in food, it is necessary to remove the substances besides saccharides before the analysis. This procedure is called as sample pre-treatment. Here, the analysis result of saccharides in food using Asahipak NH2P-50 4E is shown together with the sample pre-treatment procedure.
(Sample pre-treatment for roast sweet potato)
1) Make paste of the sample using a food-prcessor.
2) Put 3 g of the paste in a beaker and add 30 mL of 50 %(V/V) ethanol.
3) Extract the substances from the paste using an ultrasonic vibrator for 30 minutes.
4) Put the paste and ethanol in a 50 mL volumetric flask and add 50 %(V/V) ethanol to make up a 50 mL solution.
5) Filtrate the solution with a paper filter(No.5B) to remove the paste.
6) Take a part of filtrated solution and add the same volume of acetonitrile.
7) Pass through a 0.45 μm membrane filter before injecting into HPLC.
Sample : Roast sweet potato, 20 μL
Column : Shodex Asahipak NH2P-50 4E (4.6 mm I.D. x 250 mm) Eluent : CH3CN/H2O=75/25 Flow rate : 1.0 mL/min Detector : RI Column temp. : Room temp. (25 °C)
Sample Name Index
Operation Manual / Certificate of Analysis
Operation Manuals and Certificate of Analysis / Inspection Certificate for the following products can be downloaded here.