The United States Pharmacopeia and the National Formulary (USPNF 2022 Issue 2*) uses a silica base amino column for ASSAY of sucrose in iron sucrose injection.
In this application, HILICpak VG-50 4E, a polymer-based amino column, was used to analyze sucrose in saccharated iron oxide injection, using the USP monograph as a reference. With the given conditions, the calibration curve for sucrose obtained showed a high linearity with a coefficient of determination R2 = 0.999 in the range of 13 - 23 mg/mL.
This shows the method’s feasibility for the quantitative analysis of sucrose in pretreated saccharated iron oxide injections.
*The version at the time of the application acquisition.
- (1)Put 1.875 g saccharated iron oxide sample and 1.25 mL pure water in a 25-mL beaker to mix. Add 1.25 mL of sodium dihydrogen phosphate aqueous solution (30 g/ 50 mL) and mix again.
- (2)Leave it for 10 minutes. Add water to make up to 25 mL.
- (3)Perform ultrafiltration for 15 minutes at 3000 rpm.
- (4)Pass through a 0.45 μm membrane filter. Discard the first 2 mL of the filtrate. Use the rest for the HPLC analysis.
Sample: 20 µL
Pretreated saccharated ferric oxide solution
- ：Shodex HILICpak VG-50 4E (4.6 mm I.D. x 250 mm)
- Flow rate
- ：1.5 mL/min
- ：RI (25 ℃)
- Column temp.
- ：25 ℃
Sample Name Index
Operation Manual / Certificate of Analysis
Operation Manuals and Certificate of Analysis / Inspection Certificate for the following products can be downloaded here.