Chocolate Cake (SZ5532)
Saccharides in chocolate cake were analyzed using SUGAR SZ5532
(a column for saccharides analysis).
1) Take 5g of chocolate cake in a vial for centrifuge, add 40 mL of
petroleum ether and stir it for 15 minutes. Then use centrifuge for
10 minutes at 2,000 rpm and take off the supernatant.
2) Again, add 40 mL of petroleum ether and stir it for 15 minutes and
take off remaining petroleum ether completely in a water bath of
3) Add 30 mL of pure water, apply ultrasonic vbvration for 30 minutes and make
50 mL of solution with pure water.
4) Filtrate with No.5B paper filter and ultrafiltrate at Mw 10,000.
5) Take a part of filtrated sample and add same quantity of
6) Filtrate with 0.45μm membrane filter.
Sample : Chocolate
Column : Shodex SUGAR SZ5532 (6.0mmID*150mm)
Eluent : CH3CN/H2O=75/25
Flow rate : 0.6mL/min
Detector : Shodex RI
Column temp. : 60°C