When analyzing saccharides in food, it is necessary to remove the substances besides saccharides before the analysis.
This procedure is called as sample pre-treatment. Here, the analysis result of saccharides in food using Asahipak
is shown together with the sample pre-treatment procedure.
(Sample pre-treatment for jelly)
1) Put 5g of jelly in a beaker and add 30mL of 50%(V/V) ethanol.
2) Extract the substances using an ultrasonic vibrator for 30 minutes.
3) Put the paste and ethanol in a 50mL messflask and add 50%(V/V) ethanol to make
up a 50mL solution.
4) Filtrate the solution with a paper filter(No.5B).
5) Take a part of filtrated solution and add the same volume of acetonitrile.
6) Pass through a 0.45μm membrane filter before injecting into HPLC.
Sample : Jelly
Column : Shodex Asahipak NH2P-50 4E (4.6mmID*250mm)
Eluent : CH3CN/H2O=75/25
Flow rate : 1.0mL/min
Detector : Shodex RI
Column temp. : Room temp.(25°C)