When analyzing saccharides in food, it is necessary to remove the substances besides saccharides before the analysis.
This procedure is called as sample pre-treatment. Here, the analysis result of saccharides in food using Asahipak
is shown together with the sample pre-treatment procedure.
(Sample pre-treatment for milk coffee)
1) Put 5g of the sample in a 10mL messflask.
2) Add ultra pure water to make up 10mL solution.
3) Perform ultrafiltration (mw:10,000).
4) Take a part of the sample solution and add the same volume of acetonitrile.
5) Pass through a 0.45μm membrane filter before injecting into HPLC.
Sample : Milk coffee
Column : Shodex Asahipak NH2P-50 4E (4.6mmID*250mm)
Eluent : CH3CN/H2O=75/25
Flow rate : 1.0mL/min
Detector : Shodex RI
Column temp. : Room temp.(25°C)